There are many benefits to drinking coconut water in Eau Claire, WI. Coconut water sales doubled in 2011 as the coconut water craze caught on, with many athletes and even those who enjoy only light exercise choosing coconut water over sports drinks and plain water. Rehydrate and replenish your electrolytes while enjoying a refreshing treat, and read on to learn more about the benefits of coconut water in Eau Claire, WI:
- Low calorie: Many people who are working out, whether seriously or recreationally, are concerned or at least aware of their calorie intake. While sports drinks may be rehydrating, they are high calorie and high in sugar—so, essentially, not at all good for you. Coconut water is a much lower calorie option for hydration. It contains about 60 calories in one 11-ounce serving.
- Hydration: Coconut water is more hydrating than sports drinks and even regular tap water. Studies show that coconut water replaces fluids as good as a typical sports drink and better than water.
- Potassium: One of the best benefits of coconut water is that it is full of potassium, which is great after a workout. Potassium is important for heart health. It helps regulate blood pressure and other body systems. Other sources of potassium include bananas, potatoes, kidney beans, lentils, spinach and papaya.
- Sodium: Coconut water in Eau Claire, WI also contains sodium, which is just as, if not more, important than potassium post workout. While most coconut water only contains a little amount of sodium, you can buy sodium-infused coconut water that is specially formulated for a post-workout drink.
- Refreshing: Many people who have tried coconut water keep coming back to it because of the taste. With its hint of sweetness, athletes and others love coconut water for a more refreshing taste and flavor than plain water. By enjoying your beverage of choice, you’ll drink more of it, and therefore stay more hydrated.
- Fat free: Coconuts contain fat, but coconut water is fat free, which makes it a great choice for those who are watching their weight or fat intake. It’s also cholesterol free and fairly low in sugar, especially compared to most sports drinks.
If you’re looking for a source of coconut water in Eau Claire, WI, Mother Nature’s Food is your destination for health-oriented food and products. We stock a wide selection of healthy foods, as well as natural supplements such as vitamins, minerals and herbs, health and beauty products and more. We believe in living life naturally, and we take pride in bringing our customers the very best in natural and organic supplements, clean ingredients and a large selection of natural and organic food items.
Our business has been locally owned and operated since 1971. We are happy to offer recommendations, suggestions and information regarding any of the products we sell, including coconut water and other hydrating post-workout drinks. We are happy to explain the health benefits of any of our foods. Come and see us today and learn more about what we have to offer!
Categorised in: Health Tips