Organic essential oils are substances extracted from plants. They are commonly used for their pleasant aromas and potential health benefits. Due to their concentrated form and their chemical properties, they can be used in several ways.
Here are the basics to get you started with organic essential oils.
Did you know smells can affect your health? Soothing aromas help stimulate your nervous system and trigger an emotional response, which can affect your mental as well as physical health.
Organic essential oils are often used for aromatherapy to reduce stress and anxiety. There are several methods you can try:
- Basic: Simply open a bottle of organic essential oils, and take deep breaths to breathe in the aroma.
- Diffuser: A diffuser disperses the oil particles throughout the room, filling the space with the aroma, so you can breathe it in and enjoy its benefits. To use a diffuser, you simply mix organic essential oils with some water and turn on the device.
- Evaporation: For this method, you’ll need a cotton ball and organic essential oils. Place a few drops of the oil on the cotton ball, and breathe in the aroma as it evaporates.
- Steam: For the steam inhalation method, place a few cups of hot water in a bowl. Add your favorite organic essential oils. Place a towel over your head, and lean your head over the bowl to breathe in the aromatic steam.
You can also ingest organic essential oils. Some people put them in tea or place a drop of oil on their tongue; however, because these oils are very potent, ingesting them can be harmful. Only use organic essential oils this way if your doctor recommends it.
To use organic essential oils, you can also apply them directly to your skin. Your skin then absorbs the oils, and your body reaps the benefits available from the oils.
As with ingesting organic essential oils, it is important to keep in mind the potency of these substances. If you plan to apply any to your skin, you should dilute the oils first. Combine the essential oil with coconut oil or jojoba oil before applying it to avoid irritating your skin.
Benefits of organic essential oils
Research suggests that organic essential oils may offer the following benefits:
- Mental health benefits: Organic essential oils may boost your mood.
- Job improvement: By reducing stress and increasing your alertness, organic essential oils may improve your job performance.
- Better sleep: The relaxing qualities of organic essential oils may improve your sleep.
- Fewer illnesses: Organic essential oils may help kill viruses and bacteria, so you will be less likely to get sick.
Reduced pain: By helping reduce inflammation, organic essential oils may reduce the pain of conditions such as arthritis.
- Headache relief: Depending on the cause of your headaches, organic essential oils may reduce the frequency or intensity of headaches.
For more information about organic essential oils, contact the experts at Mother Nature’s Food, Inc. We specialize in supplements, herbs and organic products. Reach our team today at 715-834-2341.
Categorised in: Uncategorized