Spring is in the air, which is great news for those who love warmer weather. However, those with seasonal allergies might not be as excited. Springtime brings with it pollen, grass, cedar, ragweed and other allergens floating through the air. While you can store your coat for the season, you may have to deal with a runny nose, watery eyes and breathing troubles for the duration of the spring.
The good news is that you don’t need to grab a bottle of OTC medicine or see a doctor to get a prescription for your springtime allergies. Instead, you can handle your allergies the all-natural way. This post from your vitamin and supplement store in Eau Claire, WI will cover a few of the top all-natural allergy remedies:
- Cleanse Your Nose: Plant pollens are a leading source of springtime allergy symptoms. This is because the pollen adheres to mucus membranes and wreaks havoc on your sinuses. The best way to remove that nasty pollen is to flush out your nose with distilled saltwater in a neti pot. Repeat this treatment as necessary throughout the season.
- Manage Stress: Stress hormones don’t necessarily cause allergy symptoms, but they can weaken your immune system—and when your immune system is weak, you’re more susceptible to allergies. Excellent stress management tactics include meditation, eating well and making time for leisure activities.
- Try Herbal Remedies: Herbs like butterbur, rosemary and turmeric have properties that act like antihistamines that relieve allergy symptoms. Employees at your local vitamin and supplement store in Eau Claire, WI can help point you in the right direction for beneficial herbs and foods.
- Add Essential Oils: While you’re at the health food store, check out the essential oil section! Adding oils like peppermint, basil and eucalyptus to a cup of tea or diffuser can fight inflammation and remove harmful toxins.
- Drink Apple Cider Vinegar: It might not taste great, but apple cider vinegar is known to break up mucus and support drainage. Drinking a mixture of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice three times a day should be enough to relieve most symptoms.
- Get Acupuncture: You may be able to treat your allergies with the ancient practice of acupuncture. It’s believed that the strategically placed needles release endorphins to increase happiness and decrease the inflammation that’s a response to allergens.
- Detox Your Body: Eliminating fried and processed foods, alcohol, sugar and other toxins from your body can do wonders to boost your immune system. With a healthy immune system, you’re less likely to succumb to the effects of allergens in the air.
- Clean The House: While pollen and other outdoor allergens are culprits behind seasonal misery, you can’t overlook the allergens inside your home. Dust surfaces, vacuum carpets, wash your bedsheets and change your air filters to get rid of allergens lurking inside.
Come to Mother Nature’s Food today
Don’t wait until your allergies flare up—shop at Mother Nature’s Food today. We’re the top vitamin and supplement store in Eau Claire, WI, carrying everything from essential oils to organic foods and beauty products.
Categorised in: Essential Oils