A sinus infection occurs when there’s a buildup of mucus in a person’s facial cavities. All of that mucus causes the cavities to become inflamed, leading to a painful infection that can last for days or even weeks without proper treatment.
For some, that treatment comes in the form of antibiotics. However, many sinus infections are the result of a viral infection, which can’t be treated with an antibiotic. Since antibiotics aren’t always effective, we recommend visiting a vitamin and supplement store in Eau Claire, WI to stock up on alternative treatment options.
Continue reading to learn some all-natural remedies that can combat sinus infections and help ensure you don’t suffer from another infection anytime soon:
- Use Steam: Warming up your nasal passageways with steam is one of the easiest solutions to stop a sinus infection. Simply drape a towel over your head and stand over a pot of boiling water for a few minutes to moisturize your nasal passageways. Consider adding some essential oils like eucalyptus or lavender for better effects.
- Buy a Humidifier: Moisturized passageways are the key to preventing sinus infections. Purchasing a humidifier is an easy way to keep the air damp and your nasal passageways moisturized. Be sure to sleep with the humidifier on each night for the best results.
- Irrigate Sinuses: Flushing your sinuses with a neti pot has been a proven solution to clear up sinus infections for centuries. Simply pour distilled saltwater through your nasal passages to flush out germs and excess mucus.
- Take Supplements: A vitamin and supplement store in Eau Claire, WI will have a ton of products that can help relieve a sinus infection or prevent one in the first place. Vitamin C, turmeric, oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract and echinacea are just a few of the all-natural remedies we sell at Mother Nature’s Food.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of fluids is crucial to your overall health, but it’s also known to reduce the chance of developing a sinus infection. In addition to drinking water and/or juice throughout the day, avoid drinking coffee or alcoholic beverages.
- Rest Up: If you already have a sinus infection, take some time off work and get some rest. Your body needs plenty of sleep to fight off this nasty infection. Before hitting the hay, prop yourself up with a few pillows to help you breathe more easily.
- Eat Spicy Foods: In addition to heating up your mouth, spicy foods are known to clear out your nasal passageways. Jalapenos, horseradish, hot sauce and wasabi are a few of the foods you can eat to temporarily relieve the pressure in your nasal cavities.
Purchase everything you need at Mother Nature’s Food
There’s no need to run all over town searching for the goods you need to feel better—just come down to Mother Nature’s Food! As the leading vitamin and supplement storein Eau Claire, WI, we have everything you need to feel your best. Come in today and let our friendly employees help you find the products to restore your health.
Categorised in: Natural Products