What Are Some Apple Cider Benefits?
Did you know that apple cider vinegar can boost your health in many ways? It is also beneficial in helping to treat many health problems and contains anti-inflammatory properties. If you have diabetes, it can help you keep your blood sugar in check. If you are trying to lose weight, you may even want to try adding it to your weight-loss routine. Continue reading to find out more benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid in vinegar contributes to the bitter taste of apple cider vinegar. But with that bitter taste comes many health benefits, including:
- Keeps blood sugar levels balanced – Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which can help with your digestion of starchy foods such as pasta, rice, and bread. These are considered “carbs” that can increase your blood sugar levels following meals. You can take some apple cider vinegar after eating to help keep your blood sugar levels down.
- Aids in weight loss – If you are trying to lose weight, you may want to try and drink a glass of apple cider vinegar before you eat or with your meals. Doing so can make you lose weight by making you eat less. Additionally, for this purpose, it can be taken as a supplement.
- Treats scalp conditions – If you have scalp conditions such as dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis, apple cider vinegar may be your best friend. You can mix a solution of water and apple cider vinegar and spray it directly onto your scalp. It can combat itchiness and flakes associated with these scalp conditions. Apple cider vinegar can also balance the pH of your scalp, making it hard for dandruff to form. It can also be used to rinse your hair after washing it.
- Heals Sore throat – If you have a sore throat, look no further. Apple cider vinegar can tackle germs but should always be added to water to dilute it first. Many recipes online contain apple cider vinegar, pepper, and even honey to help with sore throats.
- Treats Sunburns – Aloe vera gel is probably the most common method used in treating sunburn. But apple cider vinegar is just as, if not more, effective in treating sunburn. You can spray it directly on the sunburn after mixing it with water or add it to your bath water.
- Perspiration and body odor – If you sweat a lot, you may want to try apple cider vinegar to help balance your skin’s pH levels. It contains strong antimicrobial properties that can eliminate bacteria that lead to body odor. You can apply this in many ways. You can use a cotton ball, baby wipe, or face towel to apply the vinegar.
Depending on what you are using apple cider vinegar to treat, the amount you can safely consume on a daily basis may vary. However, you should avoid taking apple cider vinegar in large amounts since it can cause health dangers, including lowering your potassium levels. It is available for purchase over the counter in supplement and liquid form. Always dilute apple cider vinegar with water before ingesting it.
Categorised in: Apple Cider Vinegar