According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey results, over 95% of Americans are not getting sufficient Omega-3 in their diets. The recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGAs) says that people should consume at least 250 mg/day of the long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, docosahexaenoic acid, and eicosapentaenoic acid. Regarding pregnant women, their minimum daily Omega-3 dosage is 300 mg.
You can consume Omega-3 both through your diet and through supplementation. However, most people in the United States are not consuming nearly enough of it. If you wonder why is Omega-3 so important, here is a list of its benefits you should be aware of:
What Are the Benefits of Omega-3?
Why is Omega-3 so important? Here are the answers:
- Omegas can help with depression; one of the most common mental disorders in the world. If you are experiencing a loss of interest in life, sadness, and lethargy, you are probably struggling with depression. Numerous studies have shown that those people who consume enough Omega-3 are less likely to be anxious and depressed. Therefore, if you want to manage the symptoms of depression, doctors recommend starting Omega-3 supplements.
- Omegas reduce symptoms of ADHD. ADHD is a behavioral disorder characterized by impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention. According to several studies, people with ADHD (especially kids) have lower levels of Omega-3.
- Omegas fight inflammation. Inflammation occurs in the body as a response to damage or infections. In general, inflammation is important, but it can sometimes become persistent and chronic. Omegas help reduce the production of substances contributing to long-term inflammation, including cytokines and eicosanoids.
- Omegas improve mental disorders. The results of several studies have also shown that those people with mental disorders, including age-related disorders, who have sufficient levels of Omega-3 have fewer mood swings and reduced violent behavior, and feel better in general.
- Omegas may prevent cancer. Several studies show that people consuming Omega-3 fats regularly have a 55% lower risk of colon cancer. The consumption of omegas is also associated with a lower risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men.
- Omegas alleviate menstrual pain. Menstrual pain can affect the quality of a woman’s life. However, women consuming Omega-3 daily have milder menstrual pain compared to women who do not. The results of one of the studies have even shown that omegas are more effective in reducing pain than ibuprofen, for example.
- Omegas are associated with good sleep. Many people do not sleep enough, which may cause many diseases and disorders, including depression, diabetes, obesity, and some others. Doctors recommend increasing the consumption of omegas to increase the length and quality of sleep.
Mother Nature’s Food In Eau Claire, WI – Take Care of Your Health Today
If you want to be the healthiest version of yourself, and you are currently searching for a place where you can purchase quality supplements, including Omega-3, Mother Nature’s Food, located in Eau Claire, WI, is the place to visit.
Our store was established in 1971, and for over 50 years it has been known as one of the area’s best health food shops for health-oriented products. We have a great selection of vitamins and supplements your body needs to stay healthy and full of energy. If you care about your health and the health of your family, check out our store today.
Categorised in: Health Tips