Why Is Staying Hydrated So Important?
Every part of your body relies on water. In fact, most of your body is made of water, from your lungs to your bones. You need water to survive. As a premier health food store in Eau Claire, WI, our customers frequently ask us about health concerns that can be addressed at least in part by increasing water intake.
How much water is enough?
A common question we receive at our health food store in Eau Claire, WI concerns how much water a person should drink every day. That depends, because no two people are the same. The range of six to eight glasses of water per day is the standard number, but that might not apply to you. Unless a medical professional has told you otherwise, aim to drink at least eight glasses of water per day to keep your body hydrated.
Why do I need to stay hydrated?
With so many beverages available that are chock full of antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients, many people wonder if plain water really makes a difference. It absolutely does, especially for essential tasks such as flushing toxins out of your body and relieving fatigue. Water maintains your body’s temperature and provides vital lubrication for your joints. The list of reasons to drink high-quality water every day goes on and on. Suffice it to say that drinking water is a must for maintaining your overall health and wellbeing.
How to stay hydrated
Eight cups of water per day is equal 64 ounces. That’s half a gallon. It’s a lot of water to drink, especially if your daily routine incorporates other beverages to quench your thirst and keep you energized. If you’re not used to taking in that much water every day, it might seem like quite the challenge at first.
To help you drink enough water, follow these tips:
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you at all times.
- Drink lots of water before, during and after any exercise or physical activity.
- If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water before eating. Sometimes your body confuses thirst for hunger.
- Buy a water drinking tracking device that you attach to a water bottle. It beeps or lights up to remind you to drink.
- Make a schedule for drinking water. For instance, at the top of the hour, drink a glass of water.
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, add a wedge of lemon or lime.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water content, such as watermelon, tomato and lettuce.
- Fruit and vegetable juices, milk and herbal teas can be counted towards your daily water total.
Staying hydrated is a vital part of healthy living. Another crucial aspect of health and wellness is shopping at a health food store in Eau Claire, WI that stocks a wide variety of nutritious, delicious foods. For nearly 50 years, Mother Nature’s Food has been the local resource for natural, organic food, vitamins, supplements, health essentials and beauty products.
Your body deserves the best. Give your body the high-quality, healthy food it deserves by shopping at Mother Nature’s Food! If you have questions about our inventory, please get in touch with us today.
Categorised in: Health Tips